Monday, August 23, 2010

My Little Angel

On April 26th 2010 I came home from the grocery store to find my dog Chloe of 14 years, dead on her bed. I knew something was wrong when I saw how she was laying. She looked as if she had just fallen onto bed. She must have struggled to make it there; a place of comfort. I immediately started begging her to wake up; for God to let her live. Just the day before on our walk I noticed how happy and unusually spunky she was acting. Now she was gone. I wonder if she knew it was her last walk. I grieved for days and weeks. Putting up her bed and cleaning up all her doggie things was so hard. I found peace in knowing she had a happy life with me in the country and had lots of love in her life. I also believe her spirit is still with me even though I can't see her.

A month when by and I had been cleaning the house all day. It was spotless, quiet and lonely. I thought, "maybe I'll just look and see what dogs are available for adoption on Petfinder". I was just looking through pictures. Then I saw her, she looks just like my Chloe, I couldn't believe it. I filled out the application and sent it in. Within minutes Brenda Arnold called me. She was two hours away. But I had to talk to my husband first. Of course, he said, "do whatever you want to". He always says that. So I called Brenda back and told her I was coming to get Angel. I didn't know it at the time but Angel didn't really like people right away and was very shy. But when she saw me she ran past Tim, her "Daddy" at the time and jumped right into my arms. It was like she already knew me and that I was going to be coming to get her.

She is sure a perfect fit for me. We get along great, I know she was meant for me. And even though my Chloe is in Heaven, God made sure to send me another Angel. I've learned and understand the circle of life now.

No comments:

Post a Comment