Thursday, August 26, 2010

No Longer Sleeping in a Flower Pot . . .

Hi all...I don't think I ever let the "group" know that Henry is in his new forever home.

(Henry is the 1+ year old blond tabby who was left when my neighbors moved. He had been living outside his entire life and wasn't neutered, up to date... nothing. His previous "caretatkers" fed him Dean and DeLucca wild salmon and roasted chicken, but wouldn't let him in the house. The house looked like it belonged on the OPRAH show as an example of someone who can't throw anything out. He slept in a flower pot with a heating pad.
He was neutered under the grant and Crossroads donated all of his testing and vaccines.

I knew when I left him with Jeff Brindle, a massage therapist in Indian Land (he saw my desperate plea on Facebook for a temp. foster home for the summer) that he was probably never going to leave. Large lovely home, run of the house, lots of bare floor space to play with his favorite toy, golf balls, HUGE windows looking out onto a large yard and woods so he could watch the birds, no kids or other animals to bug him (although Henry likes dogs) and someone who is home a lot. A truly super cat. We probably would have kept him but couldn't take him to Canada with the other 2 cats and large dog because he was an escape artist and would have been eaten by coyotes.

I received a call in late July asking if I would consider letting Jeff adopt him because they love him so much and Henry seemed so "Happy"! Of course, I said yes! He has really landed in the lap of luxury.

Let's hear it for Henry! A happy ending! Yay! Marg

No comments:

Post a Comment